The new Protimeter Surveymaster moisture meter represents the latest design and technology in the moisture meter arena.
This dual function instrument combines pin and non-invasive technology into one meter. This dual mode allows the user to take sub-surface and surface moisture readings giving a complete picture of the extent of a damp problem.
竞彩258平台This release will be the 3rd generation of the globally successful Protimeter Surveymaster. In the early 90’s we recognized that both measurement techniques in one easy-to-use meter allows professional to make more reliable measurements as well as quicker decisions with regard to moisture problems in buildings.
Protimeter Surveymaster Modes
竞彩258平台This reliable moisture meter has two modes of operation - search and measure.
竞彩258平台These functions can help the user to distinguish sub-surface from surface moisture, essential information when trying to establish the extent and cause of a dampness problem.
Mode 1: Search mode
竞彩258平台The search mode is used to assess the moisture level beneath the surface of solid walls and floors independently of surface conditions. The nominal depth of the measurement is 3/4 inch (19 mm); this depends on the density and other characteristics of the material being measured.
Mode 2: Measure mode
This mode is used to measure the moisture level at the surface and at incremental depth, when used with the auxiliary probes. Measure mode readings are precise and specific to the immediate area of contact of the electrodes.
Available In Both Modes: Reference mode
In both Pin and Search mode, GE’s patent pending Reference Mode can be used. Reference mode can be useful when trying to establish what materials are above or below a point of reference or dry standard.
- Durable and rugged design
- Measure mode - Direct two-pin measure %WME
- Search mode - Non-invasive measuring - no pin marks left
- Detects moisture directly in materials
- Detects moisture below wall / floor coverings (tile, wood & vinyl)
- Dual Display LCD and LED
- Color changing LED’s to show moisture condition
- Reset reading for sensitivity adjustment
- Not adversely affected by surface moisture such as condensation
- User adjustable features: Auto shut off 1-6 mins, hold feature, backlight on/off, audible on/off, dry, at risk & wet indicator on/off.
The GE Protimeter Surveymaster is ideal for assessing the moisture condition even under a sealed surface like vinyl / wood flooring and tiled walls. The readings are displayed digitally through the built-in LCD display and supported by a color-coded scale enables a simplified method to assess the moisture level at a glance - dry, borderline and damp.
Search Mode - Non-Invasive
竞彩258平台The search mode is used to assess the moisture level beneath the surface of solid walls and floors independently of surface conditions. The nominal depth of the measurement is 3/4 inch (19 mm); this depends onthe density and other characteristics of the material being measured. When held against the surface, as shown below, the instrument transmits a signal into the material. The relative moisture level is shown on the digital display and its moisture condition is shown on the accompanying scale of color-coded lights. This measurement presentation helps the user to:
- Look for moisture behind wall and floor coverings, such as tile and vinyl.
- Assess, in relative terms, if the material is in a dry, borderline or damp condition.
- Map the extent of the problem numerically.
- Non-invasive pinless radio frequency finds moisture at depth where moisture is not always directly visible - up to 3/4 in (25.4 mm) below the surface.
- This mode of measurement is not adversely affected by the presence of surface moisture.
竞彩258平台Applications: Shower pans, behind ceramic tile, fine finishes, water stains, tile and vinyl floor coverings, joists, around toilets, drywall, below grade floors and walls, plaster, masonry, concrete and concrete block. Note: Metal additives in concrete can create false positive readings.
Measure Mode - Pin-Type
This mode is used to measure the moisture level at the surface and at incremental depth, when used with the auxiliary probes. Measure mode readings are precise and specific to the immediate area of contact of the electrodes. The actual moisture content of wood is shown on the digital display with the corresponding moisture condition shown on the accompanying scale of color-coded lights. Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) values are shown for other non-conductive, porous building materials.
- Pin-type probes measure moisture in wood and other building materials (use provided wood species calibration chart for more precise readings)
- Deep wall probes establish the presence of moisture in wall cavity insulation, sub and surface structures
- Exterior Insulation and Finished Systems (EIFS) probe finds moisture in exterior insulation finishing systems
- Hammer electrode for wood floor applications
Applications: Wood and wood floors, subfloors, drywall, concrete and concrete block, stucco, plaster, masonry and EIFS.
Reference mode (Patent Pending)
竞彩258平台In both Pin and Search mode, GE’s patent pending Reference Mode can be used. Reference mode can be useful when trying to establish what materials are above or below a point of reference or dry standard.
Measure the dry standard or baseline material until the meter’s reading is stable then press for seconds. This will store the reading until the mode changes of the meter turns off. Now all readings taken after will be displayed as normal, but below you will see a second reading that shows you if the material is measured above or below the original reading.